Heritage meets pizzazz in this gateway city. Take a whole block of heritage shop houses in Singapore’s bustling Chinatown and let French designer Jacques Garcia loose. The result is a restoration to original grandeur with 138 guestrooms and suites and an epicurean’s delight of restaurants and bars, which together with sister hotel Duxton Reserve creates the convivial community.
Coming Q4 2021
Maxwell Reserve, Autograph Collection
A unique part of Singapore’s architectural history
The Maxwell Reserve is a masterpiece by the world renowned French Designer Jacques Garcia and houses Singapore’s most important museum quality collection of 200 original land indentures dating back to 1709. It is set in a block of heritage shophouses in Singapore’s buzzing and vibrant downtown district of Tanjong Pagar and has been beautifully and meticulously restored to its original grandeur. Each of the hotel’s 138 guest rooms and suites are carefully decorated with hand- crafted European custom furnishings and original photography. The Maxwell Reserve is a food and beverage centric hotel offering a multitude of concept restaurants and bars, complementing other in- house facilities such as an outdoor rooftop lap pool, professional gym and spa. Together with the Duxton Reserve, the Maxwell Reserve is part of Marriott Autograph Collection.
In harmony with the rich Asian history of Singapore, Jacques Garcia presents his classic luminary vision through elaborate materials combined with a rich palette of emerald greens and ruby reds, giving each of the 138 European-styled guestrooms and suites a touch of eclectic elegance.
- Rooms with king, queen, double, double-twin and single beds
- Naturalmat organic mattress
- Mahogany French writing desks
- Wenge hardwood floors
- Italian handmade vintage rugs unique to each room
- European-style bathrooms with walk-in rain shower in all bathrooms
- Some rooms with a free-standing clawfoot bathtub
- Lefroy Brooks 1900 Classic bathroom taps and accessories
- Exceptional organic cotton bed linen by Beaumont & Brown
- Organic down comforters and pillows by Hanse (hypoallergenic upon request)
- Organic cotton towels and robes by The Madison Collection
- Curated original art including authentic 200-year-old indentures
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Bathroom amenities by Etro
- Fully stocked premium quality minibar
- Satellite TV, Bose Bluetooth speaker, IDD telephone
- Espresso machine, tea and coffee-making facilities
- In-room safe, hair dryer, luggage rack
- Unlimited wireless internet connection (complimentary)
- Nightly turndown service
- Daily breakfast per person
- 28 pieces of laundry per week per person (non-accumulative)
- Housekeeping every three days
- 20% Food & Beverage discount at all outlets
- Weekly Social Hour incl. one complimentary signature cocktail on Wednesdays from 6-7pm at Anouska’s Bar
- Weekly Saturday Movie Sessions at The Vagabond Club
- Eligible for Marriott Bonvoy points & Elite Nights
- Private alcohol locker at The Whiskey Library
- Access to the full stocked library with over 3000 books at Cook and Tras - coming soon
- 20% Spa discount - coming soon
- Yoga – coming soon
- Gym, Spa & Pool access – coming soon
Restaurants & Bars
The public spaces at Maxwell Reserve provide a fine gathering place to dine, drink and socialize with an eclectic collection of concept restaurants and bars, with doors leading to the alfresco “five footway” terrace which serves up dishes from all three of the on-property dining venues.
Our flagship restaurant at Maxwell Reserve is a take on classic Indian slow cooking of meats infused in aromatic Indian spices, with a twist of Western sensibility.
Cook & Tras Brasserie
Cook & Tras Brasserie is an all day filled vibrant brasserie with upbeat tunes serving artisanal coffees and beers, salad and pastas, sandwiches, burgers and shakes as well as cakes and croissants, with a strong underlying emphasis on health. Cook & Tras Brasserie uses only the finest organic ingredients and features a take-away cafe style service with a full-service seated option.
Garcha's Polo Bar
This gorgeous equestrian and polo themed lounge within the ornate and luxurious interior of the Maxwell Reserve, offers over a 1000 bottles of thoughtfully curated rare and refined award-winning spirits from around the world, The space is adorned with pictures, albums and trophies from Mr Satinder Garcha’s polo team victories.
Max's Rooftop Bar
Max’s Rooftop Bar offers a recreational lifestyle experience with a full bar, swimming pool, outdoor furnishing and yoga pads – a peaceful enclave for guests to relax in the heart of the city.
The Pink Bar
A beautifully appointed lounge with a magnificent bar made of rare pink onyx featuring a melange of banquette seating, club chairs, cocktail tables and exquisite art. Champagne and other bubbles are featured alongside white and rosé wines, spritzers and the signature Pink Komono. The Pink Bar is also available as a private event space.
A 14-seat boardroom with natural daylight and doors leading to the alfresco terrace. The room is equipped with audio visual capabilities for private meetings. The Rose Room is available as a private meeting or event space.
Wine Table - Weekly tastings, Chef’s table and small group parties at Shikar.
Private Dining Room - At Shikar, experience a Chef’s tasting menu or organize a get- together among family, friends and business partners. Comfortably seats up to 12 guests.
Maxwell Reserve is the ideal destination for cocktail parties, private dinners, wedding receptions, anniversaries, birthday parties and special family gatherings. It can also accommodate corporate team-building sessions of small groups, including one boardroom for up to 14 people and several event locations within the food and beverage outlets.
For guests keen on maintaining their fitness journey, Maxwell Reserve features an outdoor rooftop lap pool beside a wooden sundeck, whilst the outdoor bar and lounge area are perfect for relaxation. Next to the lap pool, a modern gymnasium features cardio equipment, weights machines and functional training elements where guests can enjoy fun workouts at all levels.
- 25-meter outdoor rooftop swimming lap pool
- Fully equipped LifeFitness gym and fitness suite
- Retail area at the lobby reception
Maxwell Reserve provides the perfect base from which to become acquainted with Singapore’s inspiring sites. Retail boutiques and exceptional restaurants, bars and acclaimed street food are just steps from our enchanting oasis, while Singapore’s Changi International Airport (SIN) can be reached by car in 20 minutes.
Enjoy a storied insight into culture-rich Chinatown or historical journey at the National Museum of Singapore, Asian Civilizations Museum, Peranakan Museum and Singapore Art Museum. Stroll around Chinatown and be immersed in the captivating sights and sounds of this vibrant neighborhood; be inspired by the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and its museum. With the highest concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants in the country, Tanjong Pagar is also home to world famous Michelin-starred chicken rice at nearby Maxwell Food Centre.
How to get there
From Singapore Changi Airport, it is a 20-minute taxi ride to the hotel. Alternatively, take the train on the East West line from Changi Airport, transfer at Tanah Merah and continue to Tanjong Pagar Station. Take Exit A. It is an 8-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT Station to the hotel.