From a bustling trading hub and former red light district to an effortlessly cool dining and lifestyle hotspot, Duxton Hill has always been anything but boring. Rooted in this storied neighbourhood, Duxton Reserve will provide a base for authentic experiences and adventures.
Duxton Reserve, Autograph Collection
Echoes of 19th century elegance reimagined in the historic heart of Singapore
Duxton Reserve is perfectly situated in Tanjong Pagar, the island city-state’s central district and the eclectic heart of Chinatown where business, socializing, dining and nightlife take center stage. Duxton Reserve unites a row of heritage shophouses that have been restored under the gifted hand of acclaimed British designer, Anouska Hempel. The original design of this Urban Redevelopment Authority Architectural Heritage Awarded building features a diverse mix of Chinese, Malay and European elements. Guests are in for an eccentric, elegant surprise as they enter the hotel which includes large golden fans and strong hues of black, gold and yellow, layered with Oriental screens and calligraphy wallpaper from Anouska’s personal collection. It houses Singapore’s favorite bar “Anouska’s” as well as modern Chinese restaurant Yellow Pot.
In harmony with rich Asian history, yet still presenting her luminary vision, Anouska has given each of the 49 guestrooms and suites a unique individuality so that no two are exactly the same.
Shophouse Room - 215 sq.ft. (20 sq.m.)
Opium Suite - 345 sq.ft. (32 sq.m.)
Duxton Duplex Suite - 441 sq.ft. (41 sq.m.)
- Classic Anouska Hempel design
- Naturalmat organic mattress
- Exceptional organic cotton bed linen by
- Beaumont & Brown
- Organic down comforters and pillows by Hanse (hypoallergenic upon request)
- Organic cotton towels and robes by The Madison Collection
- Fully stocked premium quality minibar
- Satellite TV, Bose Bluetooth speaker, IDD telephone
- Espresso machine, tea and coffee-making facilities
- In-room safe, hair dryer, luggage rack
- Unlimited wireless internet connection
- Nightly turndown service
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Daily breakfast per person
- 28 pieces of laundry per week per person (non-accumulative)
- Housekeeping every three days
- 20% Food & Beverage discount at all outlets
- Weekly Social Hour incl. one complimentary signature cocktail on Wednesdays from 6-7pm at Anouska’s Bar
- Weekly Saturday Movie Sessions at The Vagabond Club
- Eligible for Marriott Bonvoy points & Elite Nights
- Private alcohol locker at The Whiskey Library
- Access to the full stocked library with over 3000 books at Cook and Tras - coming soon
- 20% Spa discount - coming soon
- Yoga – coming soon
- Gym, Spa & Pool access – coming soon
Yellow Pot Restaurant
Located at the award-winning Duxton Reserve hotel, the flagship Yellow Pot Tanjong Pagar focuses on delivering traditional Chinese flavours with a modernised twist, favouring responsibly-sourced local ingredients. With its rich culinary philosophy, warm hospitality, and breathtaking setting, Yellow Pot promises an immersive culinary experience like no other. Yellow Pot Tanjong Pagar features a striking palette of black, gold and yellow that acclaimed British designer Anouska Hempel has accorded to the rest of the hotel. As its names suggests, the 50-seat restaurant is cheekily embellished with yellow pots of various sizes and configurations. Yellow Pot follows a clean eating philosophy – you won’t find MSG, additives or artificial flavourings in Yellow Pot’s cuisine. Roast duck is the most popular mainstay at Yellow Pot, first marinated for two days in a fermented beancurd paste, then roasted over hickory wood so the meat is aromatic and tender with a glistening layer of crispy skin.
An ode to Bond girl turned interior designer Anouska Hempel, Anouska’s brings you her favourite drinks from around the world spanning the disco era of the 70s and 80s, coupled with mouth-watering delights from Yellow Pot. You are in for an eccentric, elegant surprise as you enter the bar, which includes large golden fans and strong hues of black, gold and yellow, layered with Oriental screens and calligraphy wallpaper from Anouska’s personal collection. Bask in old-world charm while enjoying craft cocktails and an abundance of delightful Chinese fare with an innovative twist.
Duxton Reserve provides the perfect base from which to become acquainted with Singapore’s inspiring sites. Retail boutiques and exceptional restaurants, bars and acclaimed street food are just steps from this enchanting oasis.
Enjoy a storied insight into the culture-rich Chinatown or a historical journey at the National Museum of Singapore, Asian Civilisations Museum, Peranakan Museum, and Singapore Art Museum. Stroll around Chinatown and be immersed in the captivating sights and sounds of this vibrant neighborhood; be inspired by the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and its museum. With the highest concentration of Michelin-starred restaurants in the country, Tanjong Pagar, one of the most recognized is the world-famous chicken rice at nearby Maxwell Food Centre.
How to get there
From Singapore Changi Airport, it is a 20-minute taxi ride to the hotel.
Alternatively, take the train on the East West line from Changi Airport, transfer at Tanah Merah and continue to Tanjong Pagar Station. Take Exit A. It is a 10-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT Station to the hotel.